The Language of the Week has been on hold for some time now, sorry about that.
This week’s language is Ulithian. It is spoken by abot 3,000 people on Ulithi atoll and is one of the 6 official languages of the Federated States of Micronesia. View Map Here are some resources:
- The wiki page, which is more stubby than is often the case for Austronesian languages.
- Ulithian translation services. One wonders about their claim to be able to provide translators between Ulithian and every other language.
- A Ulithian dictionary. [pdf]
- Pacific Resources for Education and Learning: children’s stories in Ulithian. Some great pictures here – these’d be good for fieldwork.
- Some Ulithian plant names.
- Xavier Fethal’s site has links to Micronesian and Ulithian music