OK, so so much for LSA live blogging. I was having too much of a good time listening to talks and catching up with people. The Tensor has a summary post and it was great catching up with all the bloggers! I have a couple of things I want to write about, so maybe call this cryogenic live-blogging…
- Carol Padden’s talk on person marking in signed languages.
- The Missionaries and Linguistics panel, which I couldn’t go to because I was presenting in my own panel on
- Morphology, paradigms and the role of diachronic data in synchrony.
- The panel on endangered languages and linguistic theory.
- An observation that many of the historical talks included computational methods this year, which is interesting to note. We’ll see if it’s a trend.
- All the fantastic new books I bought.
Call this a blogging IOU…